I love fostering creative teams, shipping desirable products, promoting design thinking and working with a wide range of companies and industries to experience more of the world.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with great companies such as Google, Palantir, Canva and Westfield; as well as disruptive startups in self-driving car technology (Baraja), sustainable energy financing (Brighte), 3D biotechnology (Inventia), enterprise-grade cybersecurity (UpGuard) and artificial intelligence (Faethm). I’ve also been fortunate enough to assist the Australian government’s data science and research division, CSIRO Data61.
Before starting Jellypepper, I was Head of Product and Design at Spaceship. I helped the company launch their superannuation product, grow from $0 to $100m in FUM and raise more than $20m from Sequoia, NEA, Valar, Blackbird and AirTree. I also created Presumi — a resume-tracking and analytics platform for online employment marketplaces. It used a unique algorithm that allowed for detailed resume tracking all the way from the candidate to the employer and back again.
I studied at the University of Technology, Sydney where I graduated with two Bachelor degrees (Science in Information Technology and Business). I also started the Sydney Designers meetup, growing it from 0 to over 2500 members in just over a year.
Some of the things I value — a few things I carry through my life and work.
Design has the power to shape meaningful human experiences.Focus on simplicity
The best brands and products are authentic, honest and simple.Work hard
If you're passionate about your work, then do it with passion.Listen to the data
Balance intuition, behavioural data and your north star.Stay curious
Done might be better than perfect, but when is it really done?Make it accessible
Design belongs to everyone and it's your responsibility to be inclusive.
- Mental Models2011
- Laws of UX2019
- Latest Mobile Design Patterns2019
- The Design Sprint2019
- All-Electric Limited Edition Ford Mustang2019
- Artboard Studio2019
- Minimum Desirable Product2009
- The Art of Ecommerce2019
- The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship2019
- My company sold for $100 million and I got Zilch. How can that be?2019
- Typography Terms Cheat Sheet2019
- The three ways that good design makes you happy2003
- How Big Business Is Hedging Against the Apocalypse2019
- Seeing Theory: A visual introduction to probability and statistics2017
- 37 Exceptional Font Pairings Trends in 20192019
- Drinking from the Firehose #1412019
- A better way to sell the value of design2019
- The UX of Authentication2018
- Building a winning product strategy from the Kano model2015
- The Problem With Putting a Price on the End of the World2019
- How to be Successful2019